- This event has passed.
Mental Health First Aider Training – DDAT Schools Only
March 8 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm£360.00
This face to face training event is to be held on 8th and 9th March at 9.00-5.00pm. Delegates are required to attend both days.
If you wish to book a place on this training please check with your Head Teacher in the first instance.
Venue: DDAT Training Room, Top Floor Unit 3 Endcliffe Mount, Deepdale Business Park, Ashford Road, Bakewell, Derbyshire DE45 1GT.
Cost per delegate: £360
Trainer: St John’s Ambulance
Prior to attending the course, learners should make sure that they have read the pre-course reading. This contains important information relevant to the course content and the assessment process. The reading can be accessed by:
– Log on to our e-training system by using this link www.sja.org.uk/etraining
– If not accessed before, learners will need to click on ‘register for free here’ below the login button
– The online modules can be found in the ‘online courses’ section.
A note about mental health first aid
This course covers subjects that some people may find distressing, including suicide and self-harm. If learners feel overwhelmed by the course content, they may leave the course at any time. However, contact hours need to be met and all elements of the assessment passed to receive the certificate. Please speak to your learners to check this course is suitable for them.
Learners MUST bring one form of photographic ID with them to their course
As part of the requirements with our awarding body, we must verify a learner’s identity prior to any assessment being undertaken. If the trainer is unable to do so, the learner will be unable to participate in any of the assessments. Please ensure that learners bring one of the following:
– Valid passport (any nationality)
– Signed UK driving licence
– Valid warrant card issued by HM forces or police
– Photographic ID card e.g. current employer ID, Student ID, Travel card ID
– UK Biometric residence permit.
St John’s Ambulance will be maintaining a 1m+ social distance between delegates attending, their guidance is:
- All delegates are required to wear a face covering when entering and moving around training venues, unless medically exempt
- During training, the wearing of a face covering is not mandatory when delegates are seated and are socially distanced at 1m+
- We would request people wear face coverings if someone else on the course feels very uncomfortable by others not doing so
- Anyone who wishes to wear a face covering may do so
- We will continue to train practical elements of courses using non-contact methods, along with numerous cleanliness, ventilation and other safeguards.
Light refreshments, such as tea and coffee, will be provided.